Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I Rant Sometimes

So Emily and I were at Walmart on Saturday night picking up some stuff when I went off on a tirade..."Why do all the freakishly controlling girls get all the cute normal boys? Why? Why? Why? I hate my life... I hate my life... I hate my life..." The last parts I didn't say out loud.

Strangely Emily always seems to witness these tirades and they always seem to happen at megastores. The last one happened at Target when we were picking up a gift for a bridal shower and I said,"I don't know why we have to give the bride gifts they already have the greatest gift there is... A man... They should be giving us presents. The universe has been kinder to them than it has to us."

8 comments:

Kaakun said...

the greatest gift ever is a man...so if i want the greatest gift ever...i'd have to be...gay...

I'd have to disagree. I mean the greatest gift ever I say, would be a cashier's check for $8.7 million. That would be the greatest gift ever.

ranting is fun though, thats like 87% of my blog... i figure someone skims over it, has a nice chuckle, then i don't have people in mega super stores giving me dirty looks.

Saule Cogneur said...

Well, if freakishly controlling girls are what the cute normal boys like, maybe you should rethink your strategy. Isn't dating all about contorting oneself into what the other party wants?

(This is Brooke's friend by the way)

jenny said...

That is SO TROO. So true. I heart your blog. When do I get my cookies!? Laura you can comment on mine too. I'll make you cookies. Or give you my cookies once Rebecca gives me mine.

rbsp said...

Well you're right Kirk, in almost every case $8.7 million dollars is better than a man... $8.7 million dollars will always listen to you when you've had a bad day, $8.7 million dollars will always let you have the remote, $8.7 million dollars will never leave the toilet seat up, and $8.7 million dollars will never leave you for a freakishly controlling girl.

Well you are also right Saule, I definitely need to change my strategy... what am I doing... Oh that's right, nothing... I definitely need to assert myself more...

Thanks Jenny! I will mail you your cookies and then you can mail them back to Laura.

rbsp said...

...If I changed my personality to be what "cute normal boys" go for I'd be bubbly, cheerful, and controlling... ew, gross...

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute . . . you do know girls who are not freakishly controlling who have found cute, normal boys, right?

Or should I be offended?

rbsp said...

True Sue, you are one of the least controlling people I know... I should also disclaim this post by saying that it was not founded on any of the relationships of my friends that are girls... The thing that sent me into a tirade is that I saw a nice normal boy that I know who is dating a freakishly controlling girl. Which I don't know why I care, I don't want to date him, but I did find the level of stupidity on his part troubling.

rbsp said...

...Oh, and I owe you cookies too Saule. I'll send them to Brooke in Europe and she can send them back to you. Don't worry, they probably won't be stale by the time you get them.