On Friday we went to Huntington Gardens in Pasadena. It is the old estate of a rich man named Huntington (funnily enough). There are 22 acres of gardens there as well as a couple huge houses to walk through and a decent art collection (for a private citizen anyway) . It was a hot that day so while we were out in the gardens we ran through some sprinklers that were on... when my parents weren't watching of course.


We take a break in the shade at Huntington Gardens.
I point the way I think we should go next. Mary makes a funny face... (This picture was not posed).

Afterwards, my little brother and two sisters and I decided to go to the Getty while my parents and sister-in-law found a hotel to stay at in Pasadena. We drove to the Getty and stayed there until 8 p.m. eating dinner there and looking at the art (the collection has gotten bigger since I was last there and they have more modern and contemporary art than they used to, it was cool). After we got done at the Getty we then had to make our way back to Pasadena and try to find the hotel that my parents and sister-in-law were out. There were several wrong turns and at one point we were in a bad part of Pasadena. Some of us thought it was the ghetto, but my little sister fresh from D.C. disagreed, there were bars on all the doors and windows though and someone's clothes were in the middle of the street. They probably left them there when they were fleeing from the cops. I can think of no other reason for someone to leave their clothes in the street. Don't worry though, we did make it out of the ghetto alive and found our hotel.






No comments:
Post a Comment