Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm Caught Off Guard

Last week at work a guy called in to ask for help fixing his email filter. After I fixed it for him I was met with an emphatic, "I love you!" There was an awkward pause on my end, crickets chirping in the background, and then I said, "Well... let me give you the number of one of our techs and if you have any more trouble you can give them a call."

Now I like being told "I love you" by complete strangers as much as the next person, but in this case I was caught completely off guard. Since then I have been thinking about what would have been a better response...

"You, know I feel like we're still getting to know each other and I don't feel comfortable saying that back yet."

"I love you too."

Or, "I know you have feelings for me but lets try to keep this professional."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Rebecca. *hugs*

rbsp said...

...I can't tell if you're joking Laura.

Anonymous said...

Super!