For those of you who have read the Altoids comments and are wondering what we are talking about, I will explain. For those of you who haven't, you don't need to read this post.
I have avoided telling this story on the blog because people might think less of me and it's embarassing.
Background: I'm not the kind of girl who goes around kissing guys. I can count the number of guys I've kissed on one hand... Usually I like to take relationships slow. Bake the cake before I frost it. If you will.
I've been in my current ward for two and a half years. The first Christmas I was in the ward they decided to have an auction to raise money for some sub for santa families. An auction where people in the ward would auction off goods or services to other people in the ward for money.
The night of the auction I arrived innocently enough. I hadn't brought anything to auction off because I don't like to draw attention to myself. The auctioneer(I think it was Jodee)started the auction by saying, "The first item we have up for bid is a make-out session punch card with Rebecca Pletsch, with six punches on it." I went into a state of shock and I scanned the exits in the room to see if any of them were close enough. It was the kind of thing that you think no this isn't really happening but then it really is. The announcer went on to say,"We'll start the bidding at $5, $5, who will give me $5."... no one was bidding. I put my head down on the table and after a minute or so of this misery my friend Fred who was sitting next to me was kind enough to buy the make-out punch card.
Later I found out that my friends Emily and Jamie thought that it would be "funny" to put this item up for bid, unbeknownst to me. My only comfort is that all the proceeds went to help buy Christmas presents for needy children.
This last Christmas we had another ward auction and when I went I went with the assurance that they had already played the worst joke on me possible, so I could just enjoy the proceedings.
I was sitting with all my friends at the back, when near the end of the auction the auctioneer announced that the next item up for bid was a make-out session punch card with Rebecca Pletsch. Again it went up, again there was no bidding for several minutes, and in the end Lincoln was kind enough to purchase it. Again for $5 though. What's up with that? That's less than a dollar a make-out session. Those are killer rates.
The moral of the story is don't become too good of friends with Emily and Jamie because they will publicly emabarass you, over and over, again.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oppsss...sorry for opening a can of worms...
Bre, you're a genius.
Post a Comment