I'm currently experiencing a budget surplus, having met my savings goals, so I decided to go crazy this week and buy two book shelves... call me frivolous.
I got them from IKEA on Tuesday and then put them together on Thursday. The thing I like most about IKEA apart from the svelt modern design, family friendly atmosphere and eco-friendly solutions, is that all the instructions to build their furniture are written in the international language of pictograms. I love pictograms! I think they are also easier to understand than written out directions, but maybe that's just because I'm an artist and am used to communicating in pictures.
Though buying furniture does go against my long held Marxist views... now I shall live as the other capitalists do, with bookshelves and clean bedding. I feel like I've sold my soul.
Sunday, August 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I fully laughed out loud at "I love pictograms!" because I could *hear* you saying it, Rebbs. Awesome.
Post a Comment