Saturday, August 11, 2007

Girl's Weekend Away

Last night I and a bunch of girls went up to my friend Emily's cabin to spend the night. Emily and my friend Alicia went up earlier in the day and I and my friends Ellie and Elise drove up after work.

To get to Emily's cabin you have to drive 2 1/2 hours up past Logan and toward Bear Lake. On our way up we witnessed an accident on the freeway. It was a couple lanes over. This truck hit an explorer and spun out across a couple lanes of traffic. Luckily most people were able to swerve around the accident. We were shaken by it though so we decided to take a break from driving and go shopping up at the Gateway... That and I needed to buy a new dress. I have to give a talk in church tomorrow and it is my reward for putting myself through public humiliation.

To entertain ourselves on the long drive we made signs to put in our car window... I know this is what I always do but though this time it wasn't my idea, it was Elise's. One of the signs said, "Stop looking at me," the other was one of our friends phone numbers.

We eventually made it up to Emily's cabin, though it took us awhile as we had been given some very sketchy directions. Like: pass two dams, take the second bridge after the Xanavoo Restaurant, if you come to a third dam you've gone too far. It did take us a while to find it but not as long as the girls who came up after us. We called them at 12 a.m. to see where they were, and they were in Idaho. They had missed the Brigham City exit. They turned around and made it all the way back to SLC and then turned around again and somehow ended up in Idaho, again. We didn't see them until 4:30 this morning.

We woke up this morning and had breakfast and as we were eating cars kept coming in and parking at the cabin next door where there was apparently a family reunion going on. It was a large family renunion. There were like 30 cars there and there were tents, and a volleyball net. The whole nine yards. We joked that we should go eat lunch with them and they would be none the wiser.

After breakfast we hung out and played some bocce ball. While we were playing ball we noticed that the people at the family reunion had brought a goat up with them and tied it to a tree, so we took some pictures with the goat. We then noticed that some people at the family reunion had started a water fight. Family reunions always deprecate into waterfights. Elise and I thought we would join in on this water fight. Don't worry, we didn't know these people and had not talked to them. We got some water in plastic cups and circled around there cabin. I missed my target, the boy was confused he said, "Are you coming for me." I knodded yes. I threw the water he ran... Elise was more successful. The ten year old boy actually approached her because he thought she had something she wanted to tell him. She didn't. She just threw that water in his face... Later she got the boy I missed. They never returned fire though. I'm not sure if it was because they were too shy or thought we were crazy.

1 comment:

Jan said...

I totally know how to get there! Zanauvoo is the weirdest-named restaurant in the entire canyon. And the ONLY restaurant in the entire canyon.

Shoot, if I was living in Logan, you could have stayed with me and broken your other foot!