I got my hair cut today for the first time in 4-5 months. I used to have my friend Elise cut my hair but then she went to Europe at the beginning of the summer and after she came back she got bad roommates so she doesn't cut hair anymore. The thing I liked most about getting my hair cut by Elise, apart from the fact that she did an amazing job, is that there was always good conversation when she was cutting my hair.
Before I knew her I had to have complete strangers cut my hair and was subject to such topics of conversation as, "What do you do for a living" and then I have to talk about my boring job..."Do you have a boyfriend?"... "No, I don't"... and then the 20 something girl cutting my hair would start talking about her wonderful boyfriend, flash a ring, and then I'd have to be polite and ask about their wedding plans and when the date was...
Today when I went to get my hair cut by a complete stranger I considered pretending to be a deaf mute to avoid any such bad conversation... Sadly, I don't know sign language so I don't know if anyone would really buy that. Luckily though, the girl I went to didn't talk incessantly... She barely talked at all... I really liked her.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment