
Back in Vegas, we took showers and I took a dip in the pool at Kirk's apt. Then after much deliberation we went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Our stomachs had shrunk during the trip though with all the camper meals we had been eating so we could all only eat a few bites of our entrees... It was kind of anticlimatic after having dreamt of real food for the past three days. After dinner we went back to Kirk's apt to get some sleep. We got a text from the other group around 2 a.m. in the morning telling us they had gotten out of the canyon but were falling asleep on the road and were getting a hotel.
On Sunday we slept in and then went to church and arrived back at the apt in time to watch the other campers return.

We then all climbed in our respective cars and began the journey home. We had brought walkie-talkies with us on the trip to communicate between cars and also for when we got to the Grand Canyon and our cell phones didn't work anymore. They were now out of batteries though so we had to find another way of communicating between cars. So we wrote the other car notes. They were: "I like you", "but this isn't going to work out", "You're cute", "This relationship is so one sided." The other car never responded to our notes.
On the drive back my little sister and I also had a dtr. For those of you who don't know, we have been having problems... for a while now. Once when we were visting teaching Ellie we got into an argument. Ellies asked me the next day if we were going to get a divorce... probably. As we talked things out though I think I came to the root of our problem. Mary is just a happy person trying to make me happy, and I am just a sad person trying to make her sad. Greg was laughing so hard as we were dtr'ing that I thought he was going to drive off the road. Eventually we did make it back to Provo though, and the adventure ended...
You know those people who go on trips and then come back with stories that they think are interesting but you really don't care. Yeah...
Check out Ellie and Kirk's blogs for more coverage of the trip. Kirk did steal all the photos for his blog from mine though, so I don't know if we should endorse that. Matt may someday blog about the trip but don't hold your breath.
2 comments:
On Monday, Greg called giggling. He was like, the drive back was funny. He then said he would call back and report on what was so funny. He never did. Now I know.
It's a shame that we never used the walkie talkies on the trip. Maybe not, I didn't need Harry Potter updates over the radio.
I'd pay good money for a transcript of the DTR.
Post a Comment