So last night I went to a reunion for all the girls in one of my old wards. We went to Chen's Noodle House (which is in the parking lot by what used to be Meier & Frank but what is now Macy's). The food there I thought was surprisingly good (except for the fried rice, I recommend getting steamed rice instead) and cheap it is only like $5 a plate. I also don't know if the decor did anything for me but if you want large quantities of good Chinese takeout I recommend going there.
On a scale of 1-10: Panda Express is a 5.27, Chen's is a 8, Shoot's at Riverwoods is a 8.75, and P.F. Chang's is a 10.
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love P.F. Chang's. I always get the
Great Wall Of Chocolate to go. They used to have Shanghai Street Dumplings that were wicked good. It made you feel like you were right in a kungfu movie. Too bad the closest one is 2 hours away.
Do you have a Stone Wood Tavern around? Their bruschetta with balsamic vinaigrette is worth the trip by itself. Once I ordered two and skipped the entrée altogether.
You have quite a selection in Provo. The best chinese food we've found in Logan is at the local Smiths. They pile it up and it's hot and fresh. The buffets and even dine-in places aren't too stellar.
I have yet to find Cherry Pork in America, though. That was THE dish for the missionaries in Ulan Ude. We ate at the Chinese restaurant (called "Cherry Pork place" by us) at least once a week. If anyone knows where to find some good cherry pork, please let me know.
P.F. Chang's IS the best--it's true! I remember loving The Mandarin up in Bountiful, too, but it's been many moons, so I'll have to make sure to make it up there again so I can see if it really is as good as the hype I remember.
Post a Comment