Monday, January 01, 2007

Two Introverts Throw A New Year's Party

So New Year's this year was pretty low key it being on Sunday and all. At 7 p.m. I was calling around to see what everyone was doing and most of my regular party friends were hanging out with their families, except for my friend Sue, like me she had had her fill of family togetherness. Anyway, we decided to throw a party. The funny thing is that Sue doesn't like to socialize at all, and I never start anything I always wait for the kids to call me. So we called or texted everyone in town we knew and we stole food from our families (the spread included grapefruit, salad, pie, chips, Hello Kitty Pop-Tarts, cheesesticks, and popcorn). At 12 p.m. we had a good 20 people at Sue's apartment. All in all a success.

2 comments:

Plainbellied said...

Maybe I'm a loser, but I prefer the euphemism 'parent'. We did nothing. Well, I watched a foreign film, "Turtles Can Fly," but The Husband fell asleep around 10:30... meanwhile, my in-laws were invited to two parties. I'm jealous of your party.

rbsp said...

No, I'm jealous of you. I want to watch a foreign film called "Turtles Can Fly"... And while the party was fun, at about 10 o'clock I was so tired that I half-wished I could just fall asleep.