Monday, April 16, 2007

Paring Down

Since my little sister got back from her mission she has been very organized. She has gone through all her things and thrown away anything she doesn't need, unfortunately this sometimes means that she inadvertently throws away my things, only for me to come back later and be like, "wait, I needed that." A couple weeks ago she turned her attention to the bathroom that we share. She opened the middle drawer of the vanity where I keep all my stuff and said, "Rebbs we need to throw some of this away." I said, "no, I need all that stuff." The drawer contained:

  • 5 bars of deodorant
  • 5 lotions that smell good
  • 1 sunscreen
  • 4 bottles of facewash
  • 3 tubes of facemask mud
  • 2 bottles of toner
  • 2 unidentified facial serums
  • 1 stick of coverup
  • 2 brushes
  • 1 toothbrush
  • 2 bottles of hydrogen peroxide
  • 1 bottle of alcohol
  • 6 bottles of shampoo/conditioner
  • 1 tube anti-itch cream
  • 2 bottles of hair volumizer
  • 1 bottle of hair spray
  • 1 tube anti-biotic cream
  • 3 lip glosses
  • 5 bottles of nailpolish
  • 1 anti-wrinkle cream
  • 1 tube hair shine serum
  • 7 boxes of contact lenses
  • 1 bottle of contact solution
  • 2 eyeliner pencils
  • 3 razors
  • 2 combs
  • a large number of bobby pins
  • 1 whistle

Now since that time I have thrown away the whistle and 3 bottles of the finger nail polish, but everything else I'm pretty sure I'm going to need sometime in my life.

7 comments:

Kaakun said...

one bottle of alcohol, is this a bottle of bourbon, whiskey, gin, etc?

Anonymous said...

How do you know you won't need a whistle? =)

rbsp said...

Rubbing alcohol, but I can still drink it if the times get tough enough.

rbsp said...

You are right. I might need a whistle. I've been feeling like skipping through fields of daisies lately and nothing is as much fun as skipping through fields on daisies while blowing a whistle.

There is also that life dream I have of becoming a Drill Sargeant.

Anonymous said...

I would pay money to see you as a drill sargeant.

rbsp said...

I can be assertive if I have to... just kidding, I can't.

Jancisco said...

Could you please post a picture. I have a hard time visualizing THAT much stuff in one cupboard.