Yesterday for FHE we had a ward talent show. It went well for the most part. Some people actually shared their real talents and others just did things which were funny. I spent a large portion of the talent show texting Emily who was sitting 10 feet from me. The best acts were Clayton's rendition of Gangster's Paradise, with the lyrics changed, apt 208's movie Dreams, Dreams, Dreams, and the ballet/mexican wrestling performed by Matty, Amanda, Chaz and Mike.
A lot of people showed up for the talent show which I thought was strange and a lot of those were people who usually don't come to church, which I thought was stranger. I kept looking around asking myself if these people really were in our ward... having never seen them before. Perhaps there is some strange correlation between a love of ward talent shows and inactivity which if we could only reverse people would come to church more. Someone should show them the error of their ways.
After the talent show they had taquitos and Andrew got in my bubble... so all in all, a normal ward activity.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment