In the early 1900's the psychologist Ivan Pavlov conducted a series of experiments on dogs in which he conditioned them to have a certain response to a specific stimuli. Specifically, he rang a bell everytime he fed them. So much so that after a while they would salivate even when the bell rang and there was no food present. This is called a conditioned response.
I, now in my mid-twenties, also have a conditioned response to boys/relationships... and that is that it won't work out. He will move, turn out to be a jerk, go back to his old girlfriend, start dating someone else, or spontaneously get engaged and pain will ensue.
So whenever I meet a cute boy who is semi-normal. I think to myself, "Wait a second, this is a trick."
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah, Rebecca. You make me laugh. And shake my head in agreement, too.
It's true right? It's always a trick.
Post a Comment