Thursday, March 29, 2007

Poppy Seeds

Poppy seeds are worth their weight in gold. I found this out today when I tried to go buy some. A small jar of them is $5. This is due not only to the fact that they very light and it takes a lot of them to equal an metric gram of gold but also because they are used to make opium. Yes, opium not only destroys young lives with its enslaving addictive powers but it also drives up the cost of poppy seeds. I see this as a lose/lose situation.

If you are ever in the position where someone offers you a jar of poppy seeds... say because they are moving out of their apartment or they just got sick of the spice... take it, don't ask questions just take it. You never know when you're going to need poppy seeds.

No comments: