The other day after work I wanted to do something that was frustrating and would make me feel bad about myself at the same time, so I decided to go bathing suit shopping. There are two problems that women face when trying to pick out a bathing suit. The first of is trying to find a bathing suit that your body looks good in(I know I'm terribly thin but there are parts of my body that I actually don't like as much). The second problem is that bathing suits are rarely modest and cute at the same time. Usually they are one or the other. Either really cute and really immodest or modest with a floral pattern from the 80's. So when shopping for a bathing suit it is really tempting to want to buy an immodest cute swim suit added to which two piece swimsuits are really convenient to change into or wear under your clothes. This point was driven home to me on a trip I took with some friends after graduating from college. We went down to Zion's and hung out in St. George. On one of the days we were exploring Snow Canyon when it started to rain, it was coming down really hard. We were all getting soaked and then my friend Ariel took off her shirt because she had a bikini on underneath and just ran around and enjoyed the rain. It's a swimsuit no it's underwear no, it's both. That's the kind of convenience I'm looking for in my life.
In the end though I did err on the side of modesty and found an tankini that was actually cute, and now hopefully I won't have to go bathing suit shopping for another 5-10 years.
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad your threat of being blog-free unless I spilled my gossip was merely an idle one. Shopping for bathing suits bites. Stock up when you find one you love--you've got it, Rebecca!
I also HATE shopping for a bathing suit. I have to pick up a pair of board shorts and pay for it. If I buy it online then I have to wait for them for like 5-7 business days.
The whole ordeal takes like three minutes...
Its rough.
But I have like 20% body fat. That means I'm like 20x fatter than you. I'm one big fatty.
I have the same mental image of Ariel in her bikini. What a fun trip. Quesadillas with taco time hot sauce.
Guess we should have budgeted for food.
Yes, we didn't have any food. I had forgotten... Times were hard, but they were good.
Post a Comment