Thursday, June 28, 2007

Even The Best Laid Plans

I live on the bench of a mountain, and the city where I live has spent considerable time and money digging out a fireline between the mountain and the houses on the bench so that if a fire starts on the mountain it won't spread down and burn the houses.

A fire started today, sadly, it was started on the wrong side of the fireline. The good news is the fireline works the bad news, maybe not quite as they had planned. I give the city an "A" for effort though. Good idea guys... It almost worked.

3 comments:

Kaakun said...

you could just run along the fire line then cross it... problem solved.

or else tell the local kiddies to stop shooting fireworks off in dry grass on the hillside.

jenny said...

I miss you a LOT.

rbsp said...

I miss you too Jenny. I would say you should come back but you are in NY a far, far better place than here.