Sunday, June 10, 2007

Yesterday

So yesterday I went on another prep hike. A bunch of us went up to some natural springs in one of the nearby canyons. I'm glad to say I fared much better on this hike, which was about 6 miles up and back. No wheezing, no panting, no passing out on the side of the trail.

After the hike, I went to hang out with some other friends, and we watched Deep Impact. I've seen the movie before, and I like the overall theme, the end of the world, everyone dying. It's pretty good, though a little overdone.

At one point in the movie the President of the U.S. has to tell the country that they are all going to die. If I had to do this job I think I'd lead with something like. I have good news and better news. The good news is all of your problems are going to be gone. The better news is you don't have to go to work tomorrow, there is no point. Our economy is crippled because we are all going to die and money is essentially worthless... You know put a positive spin on it. The glass is half full sort of thing, that is how you deliver bad news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're my favorite, Rebecca.

Kaakun said...

or you could promise crazy stuff likenational health care, no new taxes, or better yet, no taxes ever again. Of course it could all backfire if the threat was a false alarm...