Ah, Thanksgiving... A time for food and family and possible life criticism from the parents. This year to avoid any possible criticism of my life I tried not to make eye contact with my parents and answered all questions directed at me in a defensive closed ended manner.
I made it through dinner reasonably well and then later Greg(Mary's boy friend) was telling my Mom how it was good that more of her children weren't married because then we wouldn't be around for the holidays.
I told Greg he was really good at spinning that into a positive, and that he could be in charge of my PR with my parents to spin all the things they don't like about my life into a positive.
My Mom replied, "There is nothing I don't like about your life, except I wish you were married."
Monday, December 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
haha Rebecca your family gatherings sound like mine. my grandma asked my one of my sisters if she'd joined match.com yet and my dad told my oldest sister if shes not dating someone by september of next year he's flying up to d.c. and picking out a husband for her. so it could be worse :)
Ha ha, man, that's pretty bad...
Hmm, luckily my parentals gave up on me getting married.
Its probably because males on both sides struggle to get to that marriage point...
then they get divorced... or die...
yeah, slapping my last name on a person with two x-chromosomes seems to end in a pre-mature "D".
Post a Comment