We went to a couple stores and got presents for a couple people and then we decided to go to Target and then to Ikea to get a side table for my sister Kathryn and her husband Justin.
When we got to Target I went to grab some shampoo because I was running low...
Mary:"Okay, you grab some shampoo and I will look around for something to give Mom, and then I just need to figure out something to give to Kathryn and Justin."
Me:"Weren't we going to go to Ikea and get them a side table."
Mary(laughing):"that's right, I forgot"
20 minutes later as we are wandering through housewares...
Mary: so I can get something for the kitchen for Mom, and then for Kathryn and Justin, maybe I could get them a gift certificate.
Me: "sure, or you could get them a side table like we talked about."
Mary: "Oh, yeah."
Mary was not the only one having a forgetful day. When I went to pay for my shampoo I was rifling through my purse but I couldn't find my debit card. Apparently I remembered to check my bank account balance before leaving the house but I forgot to bring my debit card with me. This is the second time I've gone to Target with Mary and she has had to loan me money because I forgot to bring my debit card.
After Target we went to Ikea which was deserted... There was absolutely no one there. So Mary and I decided that in addition to getting a side table we would take some time and enjoy having Ikea all to ourselves.
While there I looked at these puppies:

I really want to buy some of these one day. It is good design, the black and white modern/random pattern would go great with a buff colored suede sectional I own and a dark coffee table and bookcases(I know its a lot of furniture for someone who has no place to live). So I want these stools some day but they are pretty expensive for stools but then I saw that they now have this:

That is right cowskin rugs. There are only a couple things keeping me from getting this rug. 1)I feel bad that a cow has to die for it, but then Mary pointed out to me that we are killing cows all the time for beef. 2) I don't actually like touching cow skin. It kind of creeps me out. I have a hard time going to the Bean Museum with all those stuffed dead animals, let alone touching or walking on one on a daily basis.
1 comment:
Do they sell squirrel skin rugs too?
Post a Comment