Sunday, December 28, 2008

Commies are Cool

My sister who lives in Arizona lives close to a shop there where all they sell is exotic kinds of soda. For Christmas she brought me this little number:


It is a drink called Leninade and this is some of the writing on the bottle:

  • Get Hammered and Sickled.
  • A taste worth standing in line for.
  • Drink Comrade!Drink! It's this or the Gulag.
  • Surprisingly satisfying simple soviet style soda.
  • Beware the repressed communist party animal who is really a proletarian in denial masquerading as a bourgeois cold war monger!
  • Our 5-year plan : Drink a bottle a day for five years and become a hero of socialist flavor.

This was a great gift because 1)I love a bottle of soda with a sense of humor and 2)I have an affinity for all things communist... I think there should be neither bread nor laughter, people's free choice should be taken away, and I like to wear knee high boots in winter.

3 comments:

jenny said...

"people's free choice should be taken away, and I like to wear knee high boots in winter"

I agree with both of these.

rbsp said...

You would make a fine communist Jenny.

Beetle said...

This is classic. We need a Leninade vendor in Utah County.