Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Plan A

Recently I've been thinking about my life plan and talking to friends about their life plans.

For instance, my friend Emily has decided to have lasik surgery on her eyes. When she told me this I said, "Good luck, I hope they don't accidentally blind you." But then I decided that might not be a bad life plan for Emily... Have botched eye surgery, sue and retire early. Sure you may only be able to see out of one eye, but you wouldn't have to work and you would get to wear an eye patch for the rest of your life.

Then my friend Elise and I decided that we should move to Madrid and open up a banana stand outside the Guggenheim. A banana stand that is an exact replica of the one in Arrested Development. I would work at the museum. Elise could work in the banana stand. It isn't a bad business plan. Spanish people are like monkeys they love bananas.

Alternately, I've also thought of buying land somewhere and settling down on a farm. I have some money saved, not a lot... I'd have to move somewhere where land is cheap Vietnam or Laos probably...

1 comment:

Kevin Lloyd said...

You don't know me. I don't know you. We do, however, know some of the same people, namely, Greggy J. and Kirky N. I just wanted to write and let you know that any life plan that emulates any element of Arrested Development, even building "tiny town" to fool Japanese real estate investors, is fine by me.