Thursday, November 22, 2007

Trying to out do Mary

Greg was going to come over to our house for Thanksgiving dinner but now it looks like he's not going to make it. On the one hand it's bad because I had planned on getting a guy friend of mine to come over and pretend to be my boyfriend to upstage Mary and Greg... "Oh, you invited your boyfriend to dinner Mary? That's funny. I did too." On the other hand it's good because while I had thought up this plan I hadn't actually followed through with it.

Greg still thinks I should get a pretend boyfriend to come over... Knock on the door "What? I wonder who that could be? Oh, it's my boyfriend. Oh, Mary is your boyfriend not coming? That's too bad."

2 comments:

bh said...

That is a great idea. I brought a boy home for Thanksgiving, but have been spending the whole time trying to convince people that he is NOT my boyfriend. Why can't they believe that I just felt sorry for him? Maybe b/c he keeps trying to sleep in my bed... Next year he can go to your house & everyone will fall for it.

Anonymous said...

This is a genius idea. Well, two genius ideas, really; I'm loving both Rebecca's and Brooke's ideas.