Last week in Ward Council we were discussing the problem we have of everyone leaving after sacrament meeting and not going to the rest of the block meetings. As we discussed this Kelly, our beloved RS President made a comment to the effect of, "I understand why people skip. I want to skip all the time. Rebecca and I always talk about doing it." And I was like, "don't drag me into this Kelly."
It's true though we always talk about how much we want to skip and then we just go to Sunday School and Relief Society anyway...
But after making that comment in ward council Kelly was asked to speak yesterday on the importance of going to all three of our block meetings... ironic.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Better Kelly than me! Man, I do not miss the days as RS pres. muhaahaa (My evil laugh)
I think at the next ward council - I am going to talk about chastity, and then offer Rebecca and Mary's services to speak in sacrament meeting on the same topic. Maybe Greg and Tod can do a musical number, too. And Jake can say the closing prayer - praying that we can all be chaste the following week.
That sounds like a VERY special meeting, Kelly!
Yeah, the whole "president of every organization speaking on attending all of the meetings" thing wasn't super subtle, huh? I especially liked how in Matt's talk, he revealed that although he had been present during Kelly's talk, he was in no way listening.
I left RS a bit early that day to get some stuff ready for another meeting (clearly, I learned nothing), and I ran into several other members of the ward in the halls. Apparently, it is a problem.
oooh, liz, who were the other ward members? name names, please!
Post a Comment