Thursday, November 01, 2007

Friday Night

Last Friday night my friend Nicole and I went to go see Wes Anderson's new movie the Darjeeling Limited. She invited all her friends who like Wes Anderson and I invited all of mine and it ended up being just her and I. It was okay though because it meant that we got to go shoe shopping before the movie.

The movie is rated R and I really don't usually go to see rated R movies but it was rated R for language, so I figured I'd be okay. When we were walking into the movie though the lady taking my ticket asked me if I was old enough to see the movie. I wasn't sure if she was joking. She had a very serious face. "Uh, yeah, I'm old enough." Luckily I didn't have to pull out ID. She believed me and let me go into the movie.

So the movie starts and while the actual movie was rated R for language the prequel to the movie, which they played before the movie started was rated R for something else. I'm not really sure what. I closed my eyes halfway through. Though Nicole was laughing pretty hard and Jason Schwartzmen is, I think, the loudest kisser I've ever heard.

The story of the movie was about three brothers who don't get along. Owen Wilson plays the oldest controlling brother who at dinner orders for his other brothers, makes out a daily itinerary for them to follow and is generally bossy. He reminded me of Mary. Adrian Brody, who plays the second oldest brother, borrows people's things without asking and represses his feelings reminded me of me... I'm not sure who Jason Schwartzmen's character is though...

The movie was good, not the best Wes Anderson, but I still amazing. I love Wes Anderson. I love the dry humor, the music, the well formed characters and the amazing film composition in every shot. It was a good time, and I don't think I have suffered any serious moral side effects from seeing it... except for an increased desire to say the f-word all the time, but I don't think seeing rated R movies could lead to a habit of using the f-word... Could it Brooke?

5 comments:

Kaakun said...

I love Wes Anderson (not in a I want to birth his children type of way, b/c a) I can't do that and b) Why would I want to pass a Wes Anderson bastard child of joy through an 8-cm dilated ________)

Maybe I just kinda sorta like Wes Anderson/Owen Wilson films. b/c the ones Owen Wilson didn't help write were kinda sorta just above average.

bh said...

Hey, I only say the f-word when I am really mad - so people understand the gravity of the situation. It is a service I offer society....
And, I didn't see the prequel b/c I am more righteous than you (or just running later to the theater...)

Anonymous said...

Brooke's use of the f-word is really a public service: I rarely have laughed so hard as I did that night.

rbsp said...

I know seriously. I love it when you drop the f-bomb Brooke, especially when you're using it to describe someone...

Nicole said...

Kissing doesn't make a movie rated R, even if it is really loud, really akward kissing...I think it just increases the funny.