My friend Sue gave the lesson in Relief Society yesterday. Before Relief Society she told me she was going to have me read a quote from the handout about happiness (Sue is dark like me and knows I have a problem with happiness). I told her that I didn't think that was a good idea, that I couldn't keep a straight face and would probably start laughing.
So we go into Relief Society and Sue is giving her lesson and then she calls on me to read quote #3 (now I was already in a funny mood because I had been writing mean notes to people), but when she called on me I started laughing, I tried not to laugh out loud, so there was a long awkward pause before I started reading the quote. I read about a line before I started laughing again, I took a deep breath and read another line before I had to stop... somehow I made it through the quote, though there were several awkward pauses. The funny thing is that usually there are awkward pauses because I'm crying, but not this time.
The sad thing is that this is the second week in a row that I've been irreverent in Relief Society. Last week Emily and Jamie were drawing inappropriate pictures in their Wilford Woodruff manuel which was making me laugh.
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment