Recently my friends Kelly, Nicole, and I learned that we have come to be known as the bitter girls in our ward.
...I know weird right?
So a couple weeks ago we decided to improve our PR by asking some boys out on a date.
I hate asking boys out. Contrary to popular belief I have a huge fear of rejection.
But after due consideration of my options, I decided to ask my friend Nathan out.
I borrowed my friend Kelly's phone to do this because I don't have his number in my phone.
(note: never do this when asking a boy out, always use your own phone... otherwise they get confused)
I was in the car with Kelly and Nicole when I called to ask Nathan out. I decided to put him on speakerphone...
(note: never do this... it's rude)
ring... ring... ring...
Nathan: "Hello"(laughter in the background)
Me:(I decided to start off with a joke)"Hey, Nathan, this is Kelly I broke the door off my pantry again and I need you to come fix it..."Nathan is Kelly's hometeacher and Kelly has broken her pantry door off twice and Nathan has had to come fix it"
(note: you should never impersonate someone when asking a boy out)
Nathan: Really?
Me: No, not really, Nathan, this is Rebecca. How are you doing?
(I try to make small talk)
Nathan: fine
Me: That's nice... So Kelly, Nicole and I are going on a group date tomorrow at 7 and I was wondering if you would like to go.
(note: I had waited until the night before to ask him. You should never do this when asking someone out)
Nathan: I'll have to check my calendar, hold on a second.
(Bad sign when a boy says he has to check his calendar, this is often code for "I need a minute to think up an excuse for why I can't go out with you.")
Me: K... (muffled sobbing as I prepare for rejection)
Nathan: Long pause... Yeah, I think I can go tomorrow night. What time did you say?
Me: 7 ... Or I mean 6:45... The play starts at 7. If you can't make it at 6:45.
Nathan: What did you say?
Me: I said if you can't make it at 6:45, it's okay... I'm giving you an out.
Nathan: I said yes willingly.
Me: Yes you did... and I still find that strange.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh, rebs, i miss you. how did the date go? did you get any action?
A NCMO in the library, perhaps?
The date was fun. No... I didn't get any action except a hug...
I wish I could NCMO in the library. Curse my moral standards, curse them again and again.
Wow...I think that you should write a book so that people know how to not do that. That's pretty perfect!!
Post a Comment