Friday, February 01, 2008

How to Give Anyone a Complex

If you want to make someone feel self-conscious tell them something like, "your head is out of proportion with your body," or ,"you have small arms." These insults are relative in nature and therefore can never be disproved, but the more the person you tell them to thinks about it, the more they will obsess and in time come to believe that their head really is out of proportion with their body or that they really do have small arms.

4 comments:

Kaakun said...

you jerk... my head isn't THAT big.

More Bacon said...

LOL. I once had someone say something like that about me (which I will not repeat here because it may be true and then you'll notice it and then you'll think about it and I'll be even MORE self-conscious about it than I already am...). It's not cool. Not cool at all.

bh said...

have you been talking to my friend john? he could write a book on off-handed comments that slowly destroy self-esteem.

rbsp said...

really? there's more? I'm always looking for new ways to ruin someone's life.