Saturday, December 01, 2007

Goodbye Kelly

Tomorrow is my birthday. Tonight my friend Kelly is throwing me a birthday party. On the one hand Kelly has put a lot of work into this and I have rarely felt so loved. On the other hand I have rarely felt so scared. Kelly says it will be worse than the kissing themed party that she and I threw my little sister... I can't imagine how a party could be worse than that. Kelly won't tell me what we are doing but I know the theme is dating/marriage.

Kelly says we probably won't be friends anymore after the party. She's probably right.

So last night we hung out together for the last time as 'friends'. We reminisced about how we had become friends, the good times, the bad times, and I was sad that I hadn't made better use of the time we had. Too bad it had to end this way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, Rebbs ... we had some good times together. By the way, anyone who is interested in applying for Rebecca's former position as my ward BFF - please send resumes to me ASAP. Applicants must like shopping, giggling, willing to talk about skipping church on a frequent basis, participate in a once a month prank call to Tod Zwahlen-must like wearing sequenced dresses on cruise ships.
Former PEC experience desired, but not necessary.

Anonymous said...

PS-Jake Brown need not apply.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, your two posts made me laugh out loud, which was a triple whammy since Rebbs' did the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Willing to talk about skipping church but not ACTUALLY skipping church? Because I want to skip. A lot.

It's a good thing you added that part about Jake...he might've thought that the post was totally asking for him! :)