Thursday, September 06, 2007

Google Ads

The reason I "sold out" and added Google Ads to the blog, apart from a desire to make enough money to buy a candy bar and pay Kirk back, was because of their entertainment value. I wanted to see what kind of ads would come up on my blog, and yes, we've struck gold. Currently the ads are for ways to heal broken relationships. I would click on them and read/make fun of them but when I signed up for the ads I had to swear not to click on them for my own monetary gain.

What other kinds of ads can I get to come up on my blog? I think I can have all kinds of fun with this. I'll call it the GA project.

postscript: I couldn't resist I clicked on them. One of the webpages features a kit that includes:


Original Power Phrases! Are you ready for the best phrases and love lines ever? We really jam packed this one with some of the most romantic, sacrificing, beautiful heartful phrases on the planet! Your lover or ex will burst out into tears when He or she hears a piece of your heart!

(Hmm... heartfelt and yet memorized from a list...)

101 ways to mess up everything!What NOT to do! Our detailed list of what not to do in a breakup and what affects certain actions have, comes with your DontBreakup.com membership. This list is sure to keep you out of those "danger" zones that have gotten you into trouble in the past.

(I think I will come up with my own list. 101 is alot but I have alot of bad relationship ideas)

Another of the sites is about healing troubled marriages. Mary and I so need to go through this program...

Every week we see couples who blame, attack or give each other the silent treatment. Couples come to us who don't listen to one another and fight about money, household chores, and not enough time together.

Sadly, what starts as infrequent fights can escalate into more frequent fights or serious bouts of "the silent treatment". The loving connection starts to erode.

2 comments:

Kaakun said...

have they sent you a check yet? I'm clicking away on those bad boys... I mean...you should be up to like 10 cents by now... - the handling fee - first class stamp - envelope. You'd probably owe Google $1.

Go to Utah to watch you throw up... that could be interesting... at least it would be some worthy front page blog content.

"Rebecca pukes...pictures @ 11."

"Being the good friend that I am, Rebecca got no vomit in her hair...my shoes and socks however, were not so lucky."

"If you're going to stand next to a friend thats taller than you while they're binge drinkin, bring a poncho...because wow...head-to-toe vomit just is plain disgusting.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving this Helium ad I'm seeing right now, that, at the bottom, says "Try helium." Just sounds weird.

But it also reminds me of the classic Will & Grace episode where Karen and Jack suck helium and laugh at their ridiculous voices, except that Karen's doesn't change (though, of course, she doesn't get it).