Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ward Council... Again

So on Wednesday night we had a special session of ward council. It was draft night. The night each set of co-chairs say who they want to call to their commitee. Unfortunately, neither Mike or I could make it. Mike had class and I had a Muse concert to go to.

So we had to go through the new member data sheets on Tuesday after institute and decide who we wanted on our commitee, and we also found girls for Mike to date. Girls who wrote things on their new member data sheets like "I'm easy to please", "let's hook it up."

Afterward we met with the Bishop and gave him the names we had picked. When we met with him he asked me where I was going to be Wednesday night and why I couldn't make it to the special ward council. I told him I was going to the Muse concert. He then opened his scriptures and went through the 13th article of faith with me. He asked me if it was virtuous... yes for the most part, lovely... definitely, of good report... yes, and praiseworthy... yes. He was still a little skeptical but I told him I'd be good at the concert.

So last night I and some friends went to the Muse concert. The evening started off well with free parking. My friend Tod drove us to the concert and when we went to park he actually knew(i.e. he had dated) the girl handing out parking passes and she let us in for free. Later when we were standing in line to get in he saw a couple other girls he had dated. I think if you were to take a random cross section from the female population of Utah Valley you would find that Tod has dated 1 in every 30 girls.

We had to wait in line for a while to get into the concert because they were searching everyone and making them empty their pockets. We eventually got in though. Our tickets were general admission on the floor. We got their early enough that we could get up really close to the stage. The two opening acts were decent and Muse was amazing live. I had forgotten though that you need to take earplugs to concerts when you are going to be up near the front and also what it was like to be covered by 100 other people's sweat. I took a shower when I got home, and I'm sure my hearing will return eventually. It was a great show though, and I had an amazing time... I just wish I didn't have to miss ward council... It's going to take me a long time to get over that.

5 comments:

Kaakun said...

I thought church was run by inspiration and all that...

Not looking at a list of names and thinking... That sounds like the name of a responsible person that would show up and do his/her fair share of the work.

The friendship committee with the third overall pick of the church calling draft 2007 picks Hans Nufriendz from apt 155...

Shums said...

Um, I for sure don't remember those comments on the new member sheets...

Michael Hoopes said...

Ohhhhh, yes. Those comments were there alright. You think I would miss something like that?

Besides, I wasn't nearly half as twitterpated as Rebecca......

Anonymous said...

So which guys left these comments on their papers?

rbsp said...

No, they weren't guys they were girls. I wasn't trying to score dates off the new member data sheets.