When Kelly and I were talking about having our first eating competition, our friend Tod overheard. He started talking trash about how he could eat more than both of us combined...
In Greek Mythology we learn of the great sin of hubris or pride which is the downfall of every hero. This is the sad tale of one such would be "hero".
Kelly and I accepted Tod's challenge and on Monday we went head to head to head with him.
We ate pizza this time instead of tacos at Doc's Pizza Buffet. Apparently there is a rule there against eating contests, but being the rebels we are we decided to do it anyway. The rules this time were a little different. Tod didn't want to weigh the pizza and we also had a time limit of 16 minutes so it really was a contest of speed instead of capacity.
For the event Kelly and I made t-shirts. We asked several people for their input of phrases to put on the shirts. One suggestion by Ellie was, "There is no 'I' in diarrhea"... Bryce a boy in our ward came up with, "Bring it on home slice" and, "Wanna pizza this." We used "wanna pizza this," and a phrase that Kelly came up with, "Eat my crust."
The pizza eating contest got off to a quick start. I think Kelly and Tod had downed their first slices before the minute mark. I was actually going a little slower but Kelly kept pace with Tod the whole time, even when Tod started using the Kobayashi method, dunking his pizza in his drink. It was disgusting, more disgusting than the tacos. I think we all almost threw up at least once.
In the end we did reign victorious though. Kelly ate 12 pieces of pizza in 16 minutes the same amount as Tod. I ate 10.
Poor Tod, it's not his fault. He was probably demoralized from the beginning by Kelly's and my t-shirts. This defeat will probably scar him for the rest of his life. His girlfriend will probably leave him. He will lose his job, drop out of school and have to live out of his car. He will sort through trash to find food, and at night before he falls asleep he will say to himself over and over again, "If only I'd eaten more pizza. If only I'd eaten more pizza."
For photos and a video of the contest you can check out Mike's blog.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You guys could make tons off those t-shirts. TONS, I tell you.
almost as your blog ads...
wait...Two days ago you disclosed your hatred for bread crust. Did you have to eat the crust on the pizzas?!?!?!
No we didn't have to eat the crust.
Post a Comment