Last Saturday I went to Lagoon(an amusement park) with my family. It is located in the Farmington/Ogden area which is also known as the "armpit of Utah".
We went early in the day and it was fun in the morning. It wasn't too crowded. The lines were short and it wasn't that hot outside. As the day wore on though, more and more people began to come... more and more people of a questionable background.
Halfway through the day Mary asked me what percentage of people I thought there were white trash. I told her fifty percent. She said she thought more like ninety percent. A few hours and countless, tattoos, men in wife beaters, women without bras, cutoffs, and hanging bellies later. I changed my mind, "you were right Mary" I said, "ninety percent...ninety percent..."
There are a lot of really good roller coasters at Lagoon. I am afraid of heights so usually I have a hard time with roller coasters but then I also have a hard time saying "no" to people i.e. it is really easy to talk me into doing things. So my little sister Liz(who has no fear) would be like this roller coaster isn't that bad. You'll have fun, and I would believe her... several very scary, bone jarring rides later I was beginning not to believe her... So when we got on a ride that I thought would be potentially scary and she gave me the usual spiel about it not being scary I didn't believe her and was thinking about leaving before the ride started. I asked an 8 year old boy in front of me if he had been on the ride before and if it was scary. He assured me it wasn't. I felt better so I sat down and buckled in. Then this same little boy turned around and asked me if I had been on the Colossus yet and told me it was fun too. I told him I hadn't and asked him which one that was. He said it was the one that goes upside down twice. I suddenly had a very bad feeling that he was not a reliable source either. It was too late though the ride was starting, and it was in fact very very scary. Half-way through the ride the little kid turned around and told me that the ride would be a lot funner if I opened my eyes. "Shut up little kid, I'm not opening my eyes" ... I didn't say it. I thought it though.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment