
on ALL the office doors at one of our locations. I told him that I thought that would look bad and unprofessional. He disagreed.
I tried not to get upset... I tried not to get angry... I tried to use some effective communication skills I once learned. In an argument you should use the word feel to explain yourself. For example you should say something like, "I feel _____ when you _____" This way the other person knows where you are coming from and doesn't get as offended.
So I said, "I feel like you're an IDIOT and I feel like you have bad taste."
No just kidding. I wish I had though. I actually said, "I feel like you aren't respecting me and I feel like you aren't listening to me." As a result he apologized. Who knew that talking about your feelings could get you anywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment