Monday, October 15, 2007

Work Retreat

So earlier in the summer the company I worked for had talked about having a company party and maybe going to an amusement park. I hate the idea of spending quality time with my co-workers and was very happy when we were too busy to have the party and it kept getting pushed further and further back. For the last month and a half there has been no talk of a company party and I thought maybe, or rather I hoped, that they had all forgotten the idea.

Unfortunately, this week talk of a party resurfaced. I thought I could deal with it. How long could a company party really last. A couple hours? I could pretend to like these people that long. After all I do it everyday. Sadly, now they don't want to have just a party. They want to have a retreat. They want to go somewhere have dinner, spend the night, and part of the next day together. That is 16-18 hours of quality time together. Time to bond and get to know each other better... I already know them enough, and from what I've seen I don't like them.

So the retreat is this Friday. Everyone is expected to come at least for dinner. At our meeting when we were talking about it, my boss said he would reserve a room for everyone, even those without significant others if they wanted to spend the night... I looked around the room. Who could he be talking to?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sooooo want to be a fly on the wall wherever you guys are on Friday.

Kaakun said...

You could just take sleeping pills and sleep through it all. That's my suggestion.

More Bacon said...

Ew, sorry! I hate stuff like that...