Sunday, October 14, 2007

Minipop

On Wednesday I went to a concert for the band Minipop with my friends Elise, Matt D., and Matt's sister. The funny thing with hanging out with Elise and Matt D. is that we are very accomodating to each other. We just want to make the other person/people happy. There is a lot of attempted mind reading that goes on. A lot of well if you want to I want to, if you don't want to then I don't want to.

So on Wednesday it went something like this. Elise visited Matt at work and he talked with her about maybe going to the concert. Then he texted me to see if I wanted to go and to bring anyone else I wanted. I texted Elise to see if she was going. She said she thought the band sounded like a boyband and wasn't sure if she wanted to go. I looked up the band online and told her they seemed cool enough and it might be fun. She said if I wanted to go then she would go. I told her I would think about it and call her later.

After work Matt called me to see if we wanted to go I said probably, and then he said he was also thinking of just going to the Jazz game with his sister... This was a problem because now I couldn't tell if Matt had changed his mind and really wanted to go to the Jazz game instead of the concert. I told him we could do whatever he wanted to do. He told me that Elise would be the deciding factor. If she wanted to go to the concert then we would go.

So I called back Elise and asked her what she wanted to do. She said she could go either way. She would go if I wanted to go. I said I thought it sounded like fun and I kind of wanted to get out of the house because I had been kind of sick the day before. So we decided that we probably wanted to go, but then we thought maybe Matt would prefer to go to the Jazz game instead of the concert. So we decided that we would let him decide what he wanted to do that night.

So I called back Matt and told him we decided he had to decide. He told me we were difficult. I agreed. He said he would call his sister and let her decide. I said okay.

So he calls back a half-hour later and says he and his sister want to go to the concert and if Elise and I want to come we can. I say we do and we all go to the concert together.

It was good. It only took four people, four hours, and about eight phone calls to make the decision. The real problem with our relationship is that we are all to nice to each other. It is a recipe for disaster.

...Oh, the concert was fantastic by the way and I'm really glad we went.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I hate nice people!"

Ellie said...

My head's going to explode I'm so confused.