Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Plumbing

Late last night I was getting ready for bed when I dropped something down the sink so I had to take the u-drain off the bottom of the sink. One side came off easily the other was stuck. I went and grabbed a hammer and came back and was pounding on it trying to loosen it. This apparently woke my little brother who walked in and asked me what I was doing. I told him, "I'm digging a tunnel out of here. You can come too if you want."

A few side notes on taking the u-drain off a sink. After you get the drain off the sink you may forget that you just took the bottom off the sink and pour what is inside the u-drain down that sink. This will have upsetting consequences.

Also turns out a wrench is much better at loosening pipes than a hammer. The difference is night and day. "So that's why they invented them," I thought. Prior to this wrenches were just my favorite weapon in the game of Clue... If I was doing advertising for wrenches this would be my tagline. "Wrenches, they're not just for killing people anymore..."

3 comments:

lizpletsch said...

Bah haha! Love this!
Don't even think about digging an escape tunnel with out me.
Also, I would totally purchase a wrench which had that advertisement.

Collin said...

Why am I not surprised you used a hammer on a pipe?

rbsp said...

Liz, you already made it out and are rumored to be living somewhere in Washington... Collin, I know you're supposed to use a wrench dummy. I was just lazy and didn't want to go out to our garage to get one unless I really had to.