Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Night

Today I was stupid enough to try to do errands on a Friday night in Provo, aka date night.

I went to the grocery store. I was walking behind a couple holding hands and walking very slowly, on what I can only imagine was their first date. Who goes on a date to the grocery store on a Friday night you ask? People in Provo that's who.

Lucky for me I got to overhear part of their conversation. The girl told her date that her favorite flavor was strawberry, to which he replied,"You just made my year that's my favorite flavor too..." To which I thought, "you just made me throw up in my mouth."

Oh, that's so sweet, you two have the same favorite flavor. You should probably just get married. What are the chances!?!? Actually, about 63% according to a recent Gallup pole. Why don't you talk about something more substantial like communication styles, emotional expectations, or cross-generation familial role pattern shift.

There were couples everywhere I went. Whether they were holding hands and staring into each others eyes and blocking my reach of the deli meats or in front of me at a stoplight deeply engaged in a conversation and failing to notice the obviously green arrow in front of them... It seemed everywhere not a whole lot of blood was getting to anyone's brain.

2 comments:

Jancisco said...

We both like soup. . . and snow peas. . .

rbsp said...

Classic!