Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Had An Accident

So last Friday I was long-boarding down the canyon with my friends, Collin, Jen, Lincoln and Lincoln's girlfriend.

This was my second time long-boarding and YES I was wearing flip-flops, they say you never do this... foreshadowing...

At first I was having trouble going as fast as everyone and couldn't keep up but then we started going downhill, faster, and faster, and faster... and then it was too fast... and it was at that point that I realized that I should have learned how to slow down before I got on the board.

Collin came up behind me and tried to help me slow down or maybe he pushed me... he is always making death threats... I'm just saying it's a weird coincidence... either way I lost control, and came off my board going PRETTY fast... but don't worry I did what I've been taught to do since childhood, I caught myself with my chin instead of my hands.

My chin hit first, absorbing the impact of the fall.. after the initial hit I rolled over and made sure all the important things were still working, felt my chin, looked down, blood... Collin came over to make sure I was okay... delirious, I showed him the blood... He told me to hold my chin. I was like, "Ha, okay..." then he was like NO, YOU HAVE TO HOLD YOUR CHIN TIGHT TO STOP THE BLEEDING" and then I realized it was time to be serious.

He made sure I was okay and then took off to get everyone else and a car... I walked down the trail to the pick-up point, as I did felt in my mouth and realized I had chipped a tooth, but don't worry, it wasn't any of my front teeth, those are the money-makers... I arrived at the pick-up point, with my bloody hands, and after a little while everyone drove up...

They took me back to my car and as I turned it on the song that was playing was Poor Places by Wilco which goes...
"my jaw's been broken
my heart is wrapped in ice
my fangs have been pulled
and I really wanna see you tonight"
And Jen said, "sometimes life is just perfect..."

Later I went to the pharmacy to get some supplies and I had my chin all wrapped up. It must have looked like I just got a chin job or something, anyway, when I went in there was this older woman just full on staring at me... and I thought to myself, "Please, this is the pharmacy you should expect to see this sort of thing... I could be spurting blood out of open wounds and you shouldn't bat an eye..." some people are just rude.

The good news is I was supposed to speak last Sunday but because of my head injury I got out of it... The bad news is my Bishop called me today to see if I could speak this Sunday...

The other good news is that I'm feeling a lot better... The other bad news is that my teeth are still really sensitive and I can't eat solid foods... So if anyone feels like bringing me a slurpee, feel free..

3 comments:

Mr. Gillespie said...

Oh man! I hope you're doing okay. That sounds crazy

Jancisco said...

So sorry! Is it wired shut? That would be a great diet incentive for someone who wanted to look like you. I hope you feel better soon.

rbsp said...

Ha, no, it's not wired shut... but speaking of lock-jaw, I saw Anne Kimball at Target the other day. Next time you come to town we should all get together :)