Sunday, December 06, 2009

Public Apology

This is a public apology for any misunderstanding that I had a birthday party last night and people weren't invited...

Earlier this week I talked to my friends Tod and Kelly about going to dinner together on Saturday... because I never get to see Tod and Kelly because they are both dating people seriously/almost engaged.

Then on my birthday Tod texted to confirm the Saturday dinner plans and wished me a Happy Birthday, and he asked me if I was doing anything that night and if I wanted to get people together and have a party. I said, no, but thanks, I wanted to just hang out with my fam that night and have a low key birthday, but I told him that since we were going to dinner on Saturday we could hang out then and semi-celebrate, but I emphasized it wasn't a birthday party, I didn't want a birthday party...

Then Tod asked me if I wanted to invite anyone else, and I told him he could invite a couple more people, there is a group of us who go on a regular basis to Maria Bonitas, the restaurant we were planning on going to, so I told him he could invite the regulars, but that again I wanted to keep it small cuz I really just wanted to be able to hang out with him, Kelly and their significant others.

So Tod invited more people who in turn invited other people and somehow people started saying that it was my birthday party but really it never was nor was it ever meant to be and since then three people have come up to me to tell me they were personally offended that they weren't invited to my party. So I just wanted to say I'm sorry, it's all just a big misunderstanding.

It wasn't a birthday party. It was never meant to be a party. I just thought I was going to dinner with a couple friends. If I had thought it was a birthday party I would have invited everyone.

7 comments:

bh said...

don't you mean you would have invited nobody & not even gone yourself?

rbsp said...

well, yes... in a perfect world... :)

Michael Hoopes said...

See, I know that story isn't true because you said you WANTED to hang with your family.

jenny said...

I hate that Mike leaves comments every 6 months, but you know he reads all the time. It's so creepy.

rbsp said...

ha, seriously... just kidding Mike!!

Tod said...

I officially back up Rebecca's statement.

Kelly said...

I back her statement too - sorry for making you wear that sombrero at the restaurant. ;)