For Halloween I was a substitute teacher, you know glasses, skirt, cardigan, pumps, old lady hairdo, it wasn't the most creative costume, but it was a costume... prior to deciding to be a substitute teacher I was thinking about being Van Gogh,

and painting my face like his... but then I didn't really want to be a man, so then Jenny had a great idea for me to be the famous woman artist Frida Kahlo...

But then, asking around no one knew who she was so I thought people might not get it. So then I was thinking that the only other woman artist I know of who did a significant number of self-portraits was Lee Krasner, but I didn't think anyone would get that from this either...

so long story short I ended up ditching the idea of doing something artistic and did something easy instead. I can't help wishing though that I had smarter friends... at least when it comes to knowing obscure artists.
4 comments:
Hey. I know these guys. Can I be your friend? I wanted to be Ira Glass from This American Life but I knew no one would get it so I was facebook instead. Too bad our friends aren't smart.
I think if you would have dressed up like Frieda, I would have thought you were Bert.
Ha, ha, Maggie, we ARE friends...
Good point Jan, Frieda does look a lot like Bert I think that's actually where Sesame Street got the original idea for the character.
"only other woman artist I know"
You haven't played enough Scattergories with me. I put Georgia O'Keeffee for a Halloween costume one year. Kristin said she'd give me the point when I dressed up as her. You could have gotten me that point! It would have made it true. Why didn't I think of that. Crap.
Post a Comment