I am friends with two sisters... let's call them Jenny and Kristin for the sake of me not having to make up alias's for them.
Kristin and Jenny are quite competitive. They fight a lot. I daresay they have the biggest sibling rivalry in our ward.
The other day, I was at their apartment and witnessed a fight over packing tape that went something like this:
Kristin: "Where is my tape?"
Jenny: "Why do you assume I have it?"
Kristin: "Because it's not where I always put it."
Jenny: "I have packing tape in my BFA box."
Kristin: "Could you get it?"
Jenny: "Can I finish my dinner first?"
Kristin: "No, could you just get me my tape?"
Jenny: "It's not your tape. It's my tape."
Kristin: "Jenny, it's not your tape. It's my tape."
Jenny: "How do you know it's not my tape?"
Kristin: "Because my tape isn't where I always put it. Just get me my tape?"
Jenny leaves the room and returns with four different kinds of tape which she throws at her sister.
Kristin: "I don't need it anymore..."
They also sometimes fight over which of them I like more and am better friends with.
Jenny: "I can see why you like Kristin... she is so much older. You can relate to her better."
Kristin: "I can see why you like Jenny. You probably feel so much smarter and funnier when you talk to her."
I told them I like them equally but they don't believe me... It's not that I think they even like me that much. After all, I've seen them fight more over packing tape.
But out of curiosity, I've decided to stage an elaborate scenario in which someone offers to cut me in half, and give half to each, whoever stops it from happening is really my friend.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't do it! I'd rather let Kristin have all of you than selfishly claim half of your mangled body for myself. You can be her best friend. It's fine! I care enough about you to let you go Rebecca.
Jokes aside, killer blog. I'm not even offended. Not one bit. Kristin is right. That is the only reason I have friends... I make them feel smarter. Sigh.
I wouldn't believe it unless mike was the one threatening to cut you in half. Or collin, of course. He would absolutely cut you in half.
Also, we should have had you blog about us sooner and maybe we would have actually won sibling rivalry. Katie and eric? Puh-lease. We were robbed.
And for the record, it was my tape.
I would more than gladly cut you in half. And since we're such great friends I'll do it at no charge. But only if I can turn the garage door at your parent's house into a giant guillotine and use it on you.
Post a Comment