Monday, October 27, 2008

Environmentalism

My family aren't the greatest environmentalists. I will start a bag of recyclables and then someone will either put their trash in there or they will throw the entire bag and its contents away.

Once I got a big bag of plastic bottles together to recycle and stored them in the garage until I would have time to take them to the recycling center. My Dad asked me, "So what are you doing with all those plastic bottles?"

Me: "Recycling them."

A couple weeks later...

My Dad: "So can I just throw those plastic bottles away."
Me(in my angry voice): "No."

Then about a month ago my Dad decided to clean out our garage and burn everything he didn't want anymore in our fireplace. Everything seemed normal until I went outside and saw there was a black plume of smoke coming out of our chimney. No really, it was black like factory during the industrial revolution black.

I wanted to tell my Dad to stop burning things that shouldn't be burned, but I knew he would never listen to me and I was late for a party or something. So I sicked Mary on him... She's the closest thing we have to the EPA around here, and I think she got him to quit.

In other news, I will not be surprised if everyone down wind from us develops rare forms of cancer.

2 comments:

Shums said...

My parents anti-thank you in advance.

jenny said...

Haha woowwwww. I hate that Provo doesn't have recycling. Back home everyone has pretty bins! Why does Provo hate the earth