Friday, September 19, 2008

Chinese Candy

So last weekend my friend Jen and I went out to eat at the best Chinese restaurant in Provo. I know it is the best Chinese restaurant because I was told that, not once but twice by Jen's boyfriend on our way to and from Havasupai this summer... On our way out to the freeway... Cameron: "that's the best Chinese food in Provo." and then once more as we drove back into town... Cameron: "that's the best Chinese food in Provo." ... Too bad I can't remember the name of the restaurant, it would probably be nice if I could... Sorry, you will just have to wonder.

So Jen and I went to eat there and we got a Chinese salad, some steamed buns, and steamed dumplings... All really good. Then with the check they also gave us some Chinese candy. Jen took the candy that said "coconut" on it, leaving me with the ubiquitously named "nutmeat crisp candy". I'm not sure what nutmeat means but I've had Chinese candy before so I'm not stupid enough to try it now. I keep looking for some child to pawn it off on...

I think one day when I grow up and have children I will only give them Chinese candy to eat that way they will grow to hate candy.

4 comments:

Jan said...

That's a great idea. It was probably full of red bean paste. They love red bean paste in the Orient. Or else fried pork curls.

rbsp said...

Ha, that's right, there is no way I'm eating that candy...

Anonymous said...

"nutmeat"

Wikipedia.com
Adhering to the inside wall of the endocarp is the testa, with a thick albuminous endosperm (the coconut "meat"), the white and fleshy edible part of the seed.

answers.com
nutmeat = The edible kernel of a nut.

hosander said...

dumpling house!