I am an artist and as such I like to work late into the night. It is quiet at night. It is easier to get things done. There is no one to bother you. People have said this is true of mornings too but frankly I'm too scared to find out.
Usually my sleep schedule works out fine. Only when my schedule collides with a normal person's schedule do I find that I have a problem. For example some of the things I struggle with are church on Sunday, or early morning calls from clients, or breakfast. In all these cases I don't get my last REM cycle and I get really cranky.
So for work if a client wants to call me I just tell them I have meetings in the morning and a better time to call would be say around 2 or 3. As far as breakfast goes, I simply decline any invitations to breakfast. I could tell people that I will try to come, but who are we kidding here.
Church has been hard though. The one thing I can't find a way around. I always get up for church, but getting only 4 hours of sleep before usually means I'm in a pretty bad mood. Which means I have the reputation at church of being the cranky one who doesn't want to talk to anyone. Not unlike my reputation at church when I do get enough sleep.
For the past 4-5 years I've had early morning church. We are talking 8:30-9:30 quite the trial of my faith. But then last Sunday the clouds parted and my prayers were finally answered. A member of the Stake Presidency got up and informed us that our church will now be starting at 1:45. An audible gasp was heard across the audience, people hung their head in disbelief. In the congregation only one heart cried out in joy, only one heart was carried away in sweet exaltation. It was mine.
Monday, June 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay! i have church at 1:30pm & i'd much rather have that then 8:30am.
seriously.
Post a Comment