Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Universe Could Make My Life Easier If It Wanted To

I am working on a series of paintings right now of angelic figures.  For these paintings I have to make angel wings for the figures in the paintings to wear.  I could just make the wings up in my mind but the more you do that the crappier your paintings are, that's right Gaugin I'm talking about you.

So instead I have entered into the laborious process of buying feathers, making a frame for them, and then sticking the feathers on the frame.  I can't help but think that there is an easier way to do this.  Like perhaps I could just be walking along one day and stumble upon a dead swan and then a hunter could come out of the woods and cut off it's wings and give them to me, but whatever I guess I'll just do this the hard way.

2 comments:

Mary Jones said...

I saw some angle wings at target, but the were thirty dollars....

rbsp said...

hmm... thats not too bad. maybe I will look into this. thanks for the tip.