However, these Christmas cards were really cute and free so I thought why not. Immediately though I ran into a problem. The cards were customizable the kind where you put a picture of yourself and your family on the front. Well I don't have a family, a husband, cute kids... nope I'm single I don't even own a pet. I thought I could just put a picture of myself alone on the card but that seems like something Tyra Banks would do and that would violate one of the cardinal rules of my life. I have a motto: "What Would Tyra Banks Do? and then Don't Do It." or (WWTBDATDDI).
Before they were married my friends Jethro and Spencer would make a Christmas postcard every year with a themed photo shoot. The year I was lucky enough to get one was a photo shoot of them both at a river together with overalls on, no shirts... a dead fish and pink and blue wigs. So I thought perhaps I could do some sort of photo shoot like that with friends, but then that seemed like a lot of work.
So then I just thought I'd put a vintage photograph on the front of some kids around a Christmas tree or sledding perhaps. So I went to the Library of Congress's website. The place you go when you want a vintage photograph. Unfortunately I could not find any pictures of cute kids around Christmas trees it seems they mostly just have war time and political photographs. So this year my Christmas cards will be based on war photographs:


4 comments:
Hey, I love cheese!
Then that's the one you're getting :)
So I guess you'll need my address :)
Those are hilarious. You should go into business.
Yes, yes I do need your address as a matter of fact... not only for the Christmas Cards but also so I can drop by unannounced if I ever happen to be in Texas.
Post a Comment