Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving

My sister Kathryn lives in Vegas and since her husband can't get work off for Thanksgiving all of us are going to go down there. I am really excited about the trip and the chance to experience some warmer weather. There are some potential pitfalls though which I have identified:

Problem: Kathryn lives in a condo and the living space may get a little cramped with all 8 of us there.
Solution: I will spend all day by the pool.

Problem: My Mom will want to listen to David Archuleta* on the road trip all the way down to Vegas.
Solution: I will make copies of my Radiohead cd's and then write "David Archuleta" on them and then switch them out for hers, with any luck she won't notice the difference, or she'll learn what real music sounds like.

Problem: Mary is pregnant and will probably eat our entire Thanksgiving dinner while our eyes are closed and we are praying.
Solution: I will tell her that dinner is at a different time.


*Note: I do not mean to offend all of you who are fans of David Archuleta. He is a talented kid. My problem stems from the fact that I believe my Mother loves him more than me, disliking him is perhaps my way of rebelling.

No comments: