Friday, July 02, 2010

Matchmaker


Note: I can only keep this post up until Jen sees it and kills me...

A little while ago I was walking past Collin as he was talking to some friends, I noticed that one of them (Andy) had a Harley... Hmm... I thought, Jen likes Harley's...

A few days later I overheard a conversation between Collin and Andy, where Andy suggested Collin play Ratatat at his next dance party... Hmm... I thought, Jen likes Ratatat...

I told Jen she should like Andy cuz he has a motorcycle and likes the same music she does. She said she would think about it. I also mentioned my idea to Collin who then mentioned it to his friend Sarah, who then mentioned it to Andy one night in front of everyone when we were hanging out watching a movie... She was like, "You know who's great Andy? That Jen Watson, you two have a lot in common you should like each other," later that night Jen came over to watch the movie with us and unwittingly took a seat on the couch next to Andy... and everyone watched them in awkward silence... It was fantastic...

On subsequent movie nights the rest of us would position ourselves to make sure that Jen and Andy had to sit next to each other... They were probably thinking, "Wow, the universe is really bringing us together..." No it was Collin and I.

Then finally after much anticipation Andy asked Jen out on a date this week to play tennis. We were hanging out, and after she got the text, she was still on the fence about it because she doesn't know him that well, so we walked over by his apartment to see what kind of taste in motorcycles he has, after seeing his Harley, Jen was like, "Okay, maybe I could try this for a week..." which is maybe the most encouraging thing I've ever heard her say about any guy.

Ah, I love love... and even though I'm not in a relationship right now, nothing makes me happier than helping my friends find love... or pushing them into doing something they don't really want to do...

2 comments:

jenny said...

BEST POST EVER!

Jen Watson said...

huh . . nice try Bidgets